8.03.2011

Lauren's Bridal Shower

This post is coming a little late (especially considering these two are already happily married!) but I couldn't resist sharing about this special event. In June I helped host a bridal shower for my dear friend, Lauren. Her wedding vision was very rustic, organic and vintage--so I tried to plan with those things in mind. With the help of wonderful friends, I tackled crafts and baking for the shower while down in San Diego. The Robesons graciously opened their home the days leading up to the event, where we crafted pennant flags and baked desserts (and, of course, lots of snuggle time with baby Thatch).

The morning of the shower was a little hectic, but it paid off. It was a wonderful day--the food was delish, friends and family buzzed about with excitement, and Lauren was the most beautiful bride-to-be. The best part of the shower, in my opinion, was when we surprised Lauren with the Newlywed Video that Rich and I made with Lauren's fiance, Brandon. Lauren was genuinely surprised and the guests loved learning more about Brandon and his relationship with Lauren. 

Flowers

Lauren, I hope you had a great time and that you felt SO loved! And be sure to show your future kiddos that Newlywed video--they'll definitely think their father is "the most interesting man in the world!"

2 comments:

  1. The shower was so much fun! You are such a good party planner Lizzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see this bridal shower arrangements. Everything really looks done in the best way. I am too planning a bridal shower for my niece at one of wedding venues NYC. Need to have elegant ideas for it. Thinking of using few idea from here as they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete