9.28.2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EM!

{This post is coming a little late but I just want to make sure you ladies and gents know it's still Wednesday 9/28, even if it's 11:30 at night!}

Oh my, where to begin? Today is such a special day! 26 years ago from today, my best friend Emili was born. Yippeee for that! I literally don't know what I'd do without my girlfriend.

Emspice and I have known each other since middle school, way back when. We became instant friends in Spanish class, gabbing our faces off about anything and everything. But the true magic really happened in high school, when the junior girls got together and formed an Airband team. Em and I became really good friends while preparing for Airband, and her parents even allowed me to sleep over on a school night. It was kind of a big deal--I'm pretty sure I was the first friend of Em's that got the green-light on a school night slumber party. Holler! Our friendship continued to blossom throughout high school and soon enough, I was practically a part of the Andrews family. I even got to go on family vacation to Hawaii!

Em and I stayed close in college, despite me moving to Arizona for a few years. Eventually I moved back to San Diego, and shortly thereafter we became roommates. We had the best time together, always running around town and having adventures--like late night McDonalds runs for ice cream and apple pies, which we'd sit in the car and eat in the parking lot, mind you. Classy, we know. Emili and I experienced so much together this past decade and have grown up tremendously. We've been there for each other through thick and thin, good and bad--always available for a much needed laugh or cry. And although we both traded in for new roommates (our husbands!), I've never felt closer to my amazing friend. Thank the Lord for such wonderful friendships!

And now, some snapshots of our friendship over the years..




218149_1017751972424_1483880221_50014_6265_n

217161_1017747692317_1483880221_49986_3780_n

11143_1270236204372_1483880221_753002_7840958_n


IMG_0063

P1030896

Em--thank you for being such an amazing friend. Love you so much girlfriend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmmm that is the most special post ever!! Love you so so much girlfriend!! Haha I totally forgot about our late night mcdonalds runs and how we'd never know if we should eat with the light on or off haha! It is so fun to see how much we've grown up from those pictures!! Love you soooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete